Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weeds and Lawn Care

Ever since I stopped hiring the chemical lawn treatment companies I have
gotten more and more weeds interspersed in my lawn. I really don't want
to use anymore herbicides because for health risks to humans and pets. I
have heard from landscapers that people who have had treated their lawns
by these lawn treatment companies have also had their dogs die of
cancer. My dog did die of cancer.

Instead of using herbicides, what is safer way of ridding yourself of
these herbicides that is ecological safe and that is safe for humans
other than simply bending over and pulling them up from the roots?

Thanks

Bertie Brink
http://www.setdefault.com/bertie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:14:51 -0400, Bertie Brink
wrote:

Ever since I stopped hiring the chemical lawn treatment companies I have
gotten more and more weeds interspersed in my lawn. I really don't want
to use anymore herbicides because for health risks to humans and pets. I
have heard from landscapers that people who have had treated their lawns
by these lawn treatment companies have also had their dogs die of
cancer. My dog did die of cancer.

Instead of using herbicides, what is safer way of ridding yourself of
these herbicides that is ecological safe and that is safe for humans
other than simply bending over and pulling them up from the roots?

Thanks

Bertie Brink
http://www.setdefault.com/bertie

Overseed your lawn. Next year you'll have fewer weeds. You can use
products like Weed-B-Gone or Spectricide and spot-treat the
weeds--that way you are using a lot less chemical. I have never
applied weed killer to my entire lawn, not only is this bad for people
and pets but it is "punishment" to the grass. If you have crabgrass
you will probably need to pull it out by hand.
Posted to alt.home.repair

supposedly one should fertilize the lawn, weeds are pigs and can't
handle it and overdose.
other ideas at:
http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Weed...mful-Chemicals