Posted to alt.home.repair

Default two (2) gable fan installation

Hi ,

I live in Texas(Austin area ) My home had a passive type roof
ventilation, which i find not adequate enough. It is basically a
ridge line vent, with soffit air intake.
I had solar a few solar panels , so I decided to purchase some solar
gable fans to help remove hot air from the attic.
My question :
Considering that there is opening on the top of the attic (ridge line)
, and open air intake at the soffit.
What would be the best way to set up 2 gable fans ? on each side of the
attic
each fan blowing air from the attic to outside ? Or have 1 blow air
in the attic and one blow air out of the attic on the opposite side ,
this way pressure is balanced (no negative pressure)
thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

have 1 blow air
in the attic and one blow air out of the attic on the opposite side ,

That is how I'd approach it, taking into account the prevailing wind
direction and working with it instead of against it

Chantecler Windows and Doors Brian White Home Repair 3 June 6th 16 11:22 PM
Gable Fan? CFster Home Repair 6 January 29th 06 07:20 PM
Gable Fan? CFster Home Ownership 1 January 29th 06 03:45 PM
gable vent (bats!) - Attic ventilation Rich Home Repair 9 December 15th 04 04:16 PM
Solatube installation code/DIY? William Brown Home Repair 2 March 28th 04 07:06 PM