Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove crimp from PEX?

I recently did some plumbing and ended up bringing the lines for one sink
through the wall too high. I don't want to toss out the shutoffs just
because they are crimped to a pex line.

Is it possible to cut off the crimps? Any easy way to do so?

Posted to alt.home.repair

According to Noozer :
I recently did some plumbing and ended up bringing the lines for one sink
through the wall too high. I don't want to toss out the shutoffs just
because they are crimped to a pex line.

Can you pull the shutoffs back thru the wall and push out other holes?
That'd probably be easier.

Is it possible to cut off the crimps? Any easy way to do so?

I'll bet there's a tool for this. Short of that, cut the pex
off the shutoffs and see if you can get a beefy pair of side cutters
or bolt cutters to grab the crimp. Or cut it with a metal
cutting wheel on a dremel. Obviously, if you gouge the nipple,
the shutoff is toast.

The bit of pex under the crimp is toast too.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Noozer" wrote in message
I recently did some plumbing and ended up bringing the lines for one sink
through the wall too high. I don't want to toss out the shutoffs just
because they are crimped to a pex line.

Is it possible to cut off the crimps? Any easy way to do so?

It depends on the PEX as to how you remove the crimp. For the stuff I use,
Zurn, it is attached to fittings via a copper ring. You cut the PEX tube
then use a special cutting tool to remove the ring. I suspose you could
also use a Dremel and a cutting wheel - its just a copper ring, nothing hard
or tough. The PEX tube would be toast either way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is it possible to cut off the crimps? Any easy way to do so?
Is the crimp itself PEX (Wirsbo) or a copper ring ? If PEX, a sharp utility
knife- if copper, a dremel or roto-zip rotary tool with a small abrasive
disc should cut thru it.

crimp connections for 110v wiring Mr_bill Home Repair 52 July 3rd 20 12:53 AM
Old tile - To remove or not to remove... rb608 Home Repair 3 July 12th 06 04:06 AM
Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands? John Rumm UK diy 1 February 27th 05 07:22 PM
Remove concrete sealer from fresh concrete Steve Miles Metalworking 8 May 25th 04 02:37 PM