Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing Machine Ready to Die?

Hey all,

Our 12 year old washing machine (Amana) has a funny smell after the
initial step of water filling the tank and during the agitation process
(step before Rinse Cycle). Frankly, it smells like sewer. Funny
because I thought I would smell more of a burnt smell if the motor is
going, but it smells like sewer.

Initially, I thought it was a water or pipe problem but it is not the
water that smells at all, it seems like the odor starts when the
agitiation (washing) starts. It is not making any funny noises and
still cleans well however.

Is my machine ready to die? What could this be?

Thanks in advance,
John

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hey all,

Our 12 year old washing machine (Amana) has a funny smell after the
initial step of water filling the tank and during the agitation process
(step before Rinse Cycle). Frankly, it smells like sewer. Funny
because I thought I would smell more of a burnt smell if the motor is
going, but it smells like sewer.

Initially, I thought it was a water or pipe problem but it is not the
water that smells at all, it seems like the odor starts when the
agitiation (washing) starts. It is not making any funny noises and
still cleans well however.

Is my machine ready to die? What could this be?

Thanks in advance,
John

Poopy diapers, underwear?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7 Jul 2006 10:28:02 -0700, "
wrote:

Hey all,

Our 12 year old washing machine (Amana) has a funny smell after the
initial step of water filling the tank and during the agitation process
(step before Rinse Cycle). Frankly, it smells like sewer. Funny
because I thought I would smell more of a burnt smell if the motor is
going, but it smells like sewer.

Initially, I thought it was a water or pipe problem but it is not the
water that smells at all, it seems like the odor starts when the
agitiation (washing) starts. It is not making any funny noises and
still cleans well however.

Is my machine ready to die? What could this be?

Thanks in advance,
John

It could be any of the electronics or it could be the belt
overheating.

Tilt it back and see if you can touch the belt in between cycles.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"JimL" wrote in message
On 7 Jul 2006 10:28:02 -0700, "
wrote:

Hey all,

Our 12 year old washing machine (Amana) has a funny smell after the
initial step of water filling the tank and during the agitation process
(step before Rinse Cycle). Frankly, it smells like sewer. Funny
because I thought I would smell more of a burnt smell if the motor is
going, but it smells like sewer.

Initially, I thought it was a water or pipe problem but it is not the
water that smells at all, it seems like the odor starts when the
agitiation (washing) starts. It is not making any funny noises and
still cleans well however.

Is my machine ready to die? What could this be?

Thanks in advance,
John

It could be any of the electronics or it could be the belt
overheating.

Tilt it back and see if you can touch the belt in between cycles.

Please un-plug it first.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Maker of Rules" alan@net wrote in
:

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hey all,

Our 12 year old washing machine (Amana) has a funny smell after the
initial step of water filling the tank and during the agitation
process (step before Rinse Cycle). Frankly, it smells like sewer.
Funny because I thought I would smell more of a burnt smell if the
motor is going, but it smells like sewer.

Initially, I thought it was a water or pipe problem but it is not the
water that smells at all, it seems like the odor starts when the
agitiation (washing) starts. It is not making any funny noises and
still cleans well however.

Is my machine ready to die? What could this be?

Thanks in advance,
John

Poopy diapers, underwear?

All those single missing socks?

kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 May 9th 06 02:34 PM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 May 9th 06 02:33 PM
kmskuba sedatkzyk UK diy 2 March 29th 06 07:08 PM
kmskuba sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 28th 06 02:28 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM