Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Microwave not heating - anything I can service ?

I had a tabletop Kenmore microwave that quite working the sameway. Found
out there was safety microswitch in the door circuit that prevented the
unit from working if the door is not closed. However, like you, the
lights and fan sounded like it worked, but nothing heated. Replaced
microswitch and all is well.

Ross

- Bob - wrote:

Kenmore over-the-stove microwave/hood has stopped heating. Appears to
run normally, I hear the normal fan and (heating?) section kick in and
out normally, but there is no heating action.

Are there things I can check before hauling it to a repair center?

I'm fairly qualified mechanically and electrically for most projects
but have no specific microwave knowledge.

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

- Bob - wrote:

Kenmore over-the-stove microwave/hood has stopped heating. Appears to
run normally, I hear the normal fan and (heating?) section kick in and
out normally, but there is no heating action. Are there things I can
check before hauling it to a repair center? I'm fairly qualified
mechanically and electrically for most projects
but have no specific microwave knowledge.

Thanks,

Microwave not working:
http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_6_1.asp

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_micfaq3.html

Just an FYI regarding the door switch, it is not designed to be used in
place of the off button. Most of the premature failures of this part is
from opening the door while the unit is running rather then hitting stop
first......