Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vinyl tile replacement.

I am going to replace my vinyl tile floor in my bathroom with the 12X12 inch
ceramic tile. I can't decide if I should use the gloss surface tile or the
non gloss surface tile. I am afraid if I use the gloss surface that it will
be slippery when wet, however the dull surface tile probably will be harder
to keep clean. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would pick the dull kind in a mottled color pattern. YOu'd be less
likely to slip and kill yourself and it hides dirt.

Don't glue it to the existing vinyl. Take up the vinyl.

Better yet, rip out whatever's there and put down cement board over
plywood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I replaced the vinyl in my 10x15 kitchen with ceramic tile. The pro
installer just sanded the vinyl (high gloss) and thin-setted the tile right
over it. 10 years ago, no problem at all. Don't create more work than you
have to.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Fred" wrote in message
I am going to replace my vinyl tile floor in my bathroom with the 12X12
inch
ceramic tile. I can't decide if I should use the gloss surface tile or
the
non gloss surface tile. I am afraid if I use the gloss surface that it
will
be slippery when wet, however the dull surface tile probably will be
harder
to keep clean. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fred wrote:
I am going to replace my vinyl tile floor in my bathroom with the 12X12 inch
ceramic tile. I can't decide if I should use the gloss surface tile or the
non gloss surface tile. I am afraid if I use the gloss surface that it will
be slippery when wet, however the dull surface tile probably will be harder
to keep clean. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I don't like to use anything larger than 4" tile on a bathroom floor
because of the slipping hazard. However almost everyone puts down bath
mats or rugs so slipping is not that big of a concern.

Removal & Replacement of Tile Floor Keith Boeheim Home Repair 1 March 5th 06 03:42 PM
Replacing vinyl with tile Acquirer Home Repair 2 January 16th 05 03:20 PM
Need help vinyl floor tile question.. Lucy Home Ownership 4 January 3rd 05 10:58 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM