Posted to alt.home.repair

Default coatings for cinderblock

I wanted stucco walls for my new garage, but the contractor didn't
design it correctly - now I have hardyplank over frame with an exposed
cinderblock foundation. The cinderblock gap between the hardyplank and
the concrete footer ranges from a few inches to a couple of feet.
Painting the garage, I'd still like to make the foundation look smooth,
like stucco. I'm told there's a paint/mortar mix that can be applied
as a thin layer, and will fill in the mortar joints on the cinderblock,
leaving a smooth texture.

Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rees wrote:

I wanted stucco walls for my new garage, but the contractor didn't
design it correctly - now I have hardyplank over frame with an exposed
cinderblock foundation. The cinderblock gap between the hardyplank and
the concrete footer ranges from a few inches to a couple of feet.
Painting the garage, I'd still like to make the foundation look smooth,
like stucco. I'm told there's a paint/mortar mix that can be applied
as a thin layer, and will fill in the mortar joints on the cinderblock,
leaving a smooth texture.

Any suggestions?

There is a latex stucco patch (DAP?) that is great for patching, used on
cinder block in FL. Have no idea how it performs in cold climate or
whether it is suitable for entire surfaces. Fun to play with )

Roof coatings Big Al Home Repair 6 March 21st 06 06:08 PM
coatings for large projects CNT Woodworking 12 April 1st 05 04:18 AM
Anyone use Target Coatings Ultraseal? John Woodworking 0 February 23rd 05 11:20 PM
Alternative foundation coatings? Wayne Pein Home Repair 1 October 22nd 04 06:55 PM
Andura Coatings? Need to do something about pebbledash... Fitz UK diy 5 February 28th 04 08:27 AM