Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Default Input needed re new power washer

I am getting ready to paint my house. Stucco. The paint is about 12 years
old and not in pristine condition.

Harborfreight sells a power washer for 79.99: 2 Hp motor, 1300 PSI, 1.7 GPM

Would something like this be suitable for cleaning stucco and removing dead
paint?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

I doubt it. And stucco can be easily screwed up. Probably for $200 you
could have it done by an experienced pro who won't do damage. But get
someone good.

"Walter R." wrote in message
I am getting ready to paint my house. Stucco. The paint is about 12 years
old and not in pristine condition.

Harborfreight sells a power washer for 79.99: 2 Hp motor, 1300 PSI, 1.7
GPM

Would something like this be suitable for cleaning stucco and removing
dead paint?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Walter R. wrote:
I am getting ready to paint my house. Stucco. The paint is about 12
years old and not in pristine condition.

Harborfreight sells a power washer for 79.99: 2 Hp motor, 1300 PSI,
1.7 GPM
Would something like this be suitable for cleaning stucco and
removing dead paint?

Thanks

First determine what kind of stucco you have and what condition it is
in. You can easily damage stucco with any power washer.

Second I would recommend renting the proper washer in the ideal size for
the job. Harbor freight stuff can be useful, but it is not usually of very
good quality. Renting a really good unit is going to make that part of your
prep much easier.

Note: My comments are based on the assumption that power washing of any
stucco is a good idea. I do know it is not recommended for some stuccos.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Tektronix 3001GPX Power supply info needed Wallace Owen Electronics Repair 1 July 10th 06 01:44 AM
Hosepipe ban, power washer, water butt, pump - X-post David W.E. Roberts UK diy 61 May 8th 06 09:52 AM
dirty DC power input [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 March 6th 06 01:45 AM
Power Washer NetComm888 Home Ownership 1 July 19th 04 10:08 PM
Another sparkies question about generators Eric R Snow Metalworking 47 August 30th 03 05:36 AM