Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny

Default Mansfield 210 flush valve assembly question

At the top of my Mansfield 210 flush valve assembly, there is a 1.5-2"
diameter plastic disc with a hole in the center where the refill tube
goes in. I believe this is called the watersaver stop. Anyway, after
my girlfriend told me the toilet "was making funny sounds" I opened the
tank and discovered the watersaver stop floating at the top. I placed
it back on top of the overflow pipe and it felt as though it clipped
into place, but when I flushed the toilet, the outer plastic tube(the
Mansfield flush valve, I guess) rose up and popped the watersaver stop
off again. A picture of this entire contraption is located he
http://www.toiletology.com/images/flush-v.jpg

My question is "Does the watersaver stop screw onto the center
overflow??? plastic pipe or just snap on?" The picture seems to
indicate that it does come off. The lighting is not the greatest in
the bathroom and I can't stay bent over the toilet for too long without
my back rebelling, but I'm thinking that the plastic threads from the
inside of the watersaver stop have broken off and are still stuck on
the overflow pipe...or vice versa. If it's the former, I guess I can
remove the broken threads from the overflow pipe and just screw on a
new watersaver stop from a new flush valve assembly. My second
question is, if the threads(or whatever holding mechanism) at the top
of the overflow pipe are damaged/broken, does this center pipe come out
without having to remove the tank from the bowl?

As the most temporary of temporary fixes, what's the best thing to
adhere plastic to plastic in a dampish environment?
A) Epoxy
B) Loctite or some other superglue
C) RTV
D) Something else

Thanks.

Danny, unflushed in Yorktown, VA

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spam from homeowners hub

king830 wrote:
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...on-120500-.htm

And the spam has nothing to do with the 4 year old question.