Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph

Default Concrete over drylok?

I have had water though this wall on rare occasion. Several years ago I
installed a french drain and a sump pump which handles the water table
pressure I sometimes get after several days of hard rain. I also recently
re-routed my gutters through plastic pipe away from the house. I don't
expect any future problems with this wall but I am remodeling the basement
and have the wall open at this point. Thanks for you input I will take a
closer look at the Xypex products.

"DanG" wrote in message
It sounds as if you are trying to stop water on the inside of the wall.

Best practices in order:
Insure/improve positive drainage away from the structure. Eliminate flower
beds, etc along building face. Pay particular attention to downspouts.
Make sure water has a pathway off your property by drainage swale, storm
piping, etc. Sumps and pumps as last resort.

Water proofing/damp proofing on the outside of walls

Exterior french drain system at the bottom of the wall. Needs to drain to
daylight or sump. Daylight preferred if possible.

Exterior drainage plane like Enkadrain. See:
http://www.colbond-usa.com/getpage.html?pgid=106&pgtype=5

Intermediate method:
Chemical waterproofing with a crystalline product like:
Xypex, see: http://www.xypex.com/

Stop gap methods:
Interior french drains to sump
Interior water proofing.

______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Ralph" wrote in message
I would like to apply an inch of hydraulic cement to a potential problem
area on my basement wall. The wall currently has two coats of Drylok
waterproofing paint on it. Would the concrete bond to this surface or
should I try to remove the paint?

Ralph

Concrete Bonding Agent & people who do not read directions... a Home Repair 2 October 5th 05 03:50 PM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM