Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low pressure in kitchen faucet

The other day i heard a thud coming from the kitchen faucet. Since
then, the cold and hot water pressure is low. I checked the water lines
and they aren't kinked. The valves underneath the sink are open all the
way. I checked the aerator and it is clean. I also checked the
mechanism on top of the faucet, the button you push which changes the
water from a stream to a spray. That's working fine. The pressure every
where else in the house is high. Could the faucet be defective.? It is
a one handle type. The faucet itself can also be taken off the main
stem and used as a sprayer. I checked the hose inside and it is not
kinked either. Any ideas?