Matthew

Default Pressure compensating valve problems for shower/tub faucet

Just purchased my first home last week and I suspect I may be posting
here often

So here is my first post. I found the water in the shower/tub of the
master bathroom was not hot enough. The water heater was turned up to
the max (it has since been turned down) and the water was hot enough
everywhere else in the house so I decided it had to be the faucet.

After a quick search on the Delta Faucet website I found I had a
pressure compensating valve and was able to adjust it so the water was
hot enough. But now the water pressure is too low. It is so low that
the water could not be diverted to the shower head. To remedy this I
removed the flow restrictor from the shower head but I still feel that
the water pressure should be a bit higher.

I don't have any proper measuring device, but as near as I can tell
the water pressure for cold and hot water supplies in this house are
the same. What options do I have for increasing the water pressure
from this faucet without lowering the temperature?

Matthew