Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

Default Chlorine/Salt Generator for Pools

I've heard about these things I can use to eliminate the need for me to
chlorinate my pool.

I was recommended this unit, though I'm sure there is more out there...
http://www.goldlinecontrols.com/AquaRite.aspx

Has anyone used these things and had any success with them? Is the AquaRite
the Right one to get?

Any info would be helpful... Oh Wait, Any info relating to this topic that
is.. (-;

Scott-

Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

Scott Townsend wrote:
I've heard about these things I can use to eliminate the need for me
to chlorinate my pool.

Huh? And the sanitizer that is produced from the AquaRite (and others
that depend on salt being introduced into the pool water) is what?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

So the Theory is that this thing takes the Na out NaCl and lets the Chlorine
do its job.

This will explain it better then I:
http://www.goldlinecontrols.com/Elec...orination.aspx

Its the way to not have to Chlorinate your pool anymore. You need to keep
the Salt Content up, but that is much easier then the Chlorine content.

You don't have the Chlorine spikes that you do with using Chlorine, Though
most units have a hyper mode where it releases more then the normal amount
to do a Shock treatment.

Scott-

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
Scott Townsend wrote:
I've heard about these things I can use to eliminate the need for me
to chlorinate my pool.

Huh? And the sanitizer that is produced from the AquaRite (and others
that depend on salt being introduced into the pool water) is what?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jennifer

Scott Townsend wrote:
I've heard about these things I can use to eliminate the need for me to
chlorinate my pool.

I was recommended this unit, though I'm sure there is more out there...
http://www.goldlinecontrols.com/AquaRite.aspx

Has anyone used these things and had any success with them? Is the AquaRite
the Right one to get?

I forget which brand I have (it came with the house ) but my pool
has one of those thingamajiggers. The water tastes slightly salty and I
still have to use chlorine tabs occasionally, but it's nice not having
my swimsuits bleached out and my eyes never sting from chemicals.
They're nuts when they say, "You'll never again have to worry about...
dry itchy skin" though. I have to practically take a bath in lotion
after I swim, just like I do with a traditionally-chlorinated pool.

I admit I wussed out and hired a pool company pretty much as soon as I
moved in, and they take care of regulating the salt and other
chemicals, so I couldn't honestly say how hard it is to maintain the
salt levels.

Still... thumbs up.

--
Jennifer

Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

Scott Townsend wrote:
You don't have the Chlorine spikes that you do with using Chlorine,
Though most units have a hyper mode where it releases more then the
normal amount to do a Shock treatment.

Everyone I know here in Florida that has one of these ends up shocking
the pool once a month with calcium hypochlorite or liquid chlorine
anyway. The supposed "shock mode" of the chlorine generator doesn't
raise the chlorine level high enough to kill off the algae that comes
with every rainstorm.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
m...
I've heard about these things I can use to eliminate the need for me to
chlorinate my pool.

I was recommended this unit, though I'm sure there is more out there...
http://www.goldlinecontrols.com/AquaRite.aspx

Has anyone used these things and had any success with them? Is the
AquaRite the Right one to get?

Any info would be helpful... Oh Wait, Any info relating to this topic
that is.. (-;

Scott-

I just put the "Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator" I'm pretty
honest about things I buy. First let me add a few things, reason being I
posted here before I bought mine and most replies were from people quoting
here say.( heads up their ass) #1 You can not taste the salt, unless there
is to much , Ocean 30 parts per. Million, Pool 3 parts per. million #2 Your
electric bill will not skyrocket, requires 220V 1 amp. #3 the rebar in your
pool will cored and desinigrate.#4 you do not have to run your filter 24-7,
You run it for 24 hours when you first add the salt.
Now for some facts, The Chlorine generator will not produce enough
chlorine by it self. I shock mine about once a week one bag, but the pool
temp is 86+ average. Salt dose not evaporate so the only salt loss is from
water splashing out of the pool. if you get to much salt in the pool you
have to drain some water out. Salt is very cheap so your annual cost would
minimal. The biggest advantage I have found the pool seems cleaner and the
water feels much better to swim in it really is very noticeable how clean
feels. One thing I really like I do not have than Chlorine dispenser
floating around.
As for cost it ran about $1250.( with salt cost ) I installed it myself.
This is the first year I've had it so I can't comment on maintenance, the
turbo cell has to be cleaned once in a while.
So is it worth it? to me I think it is just for the way the pool feels.
and I'm using a little lees chemicals and no chlorine tablets.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

#3 Imeant the rebar WILL NOT corerode

Posted to alt.home.repair
CHI-MUM

.com...

Scott Townsend wrote:
I've heard about these things I can use to eliminate the need for me
to chlorinate my pool.

Huh? And the sanitizer that is produced from the AquaRite (and others
that depend on salt being introduced into the pool water) is what?

Are there units like this for Hot tubs?

MoM