Posted to alt.home.repair
Jennifer

Default Chlorine/Salt Generator for Pools

Scott Townsend wrote:
I've heard about these things I can use to eliminate the need for me to
chlorinate my pool.

I was recommended this unit, though I'm sure there is more out there...
http://www.goldlinecontrols.com/AquaRite.aspx

Has anyone used these things and had any success with them? Is the AquaRite
the Right one to get?

I forget which brand I have (it came with the house ) but my pool
has one of those thingamajiggers. The water tastes slightly salty and I
still have to use chlorine tabs occasionally, but it's nice not having
my swimsuits bleached out and my eyes never sting from chemicals.
They're nuts when they say, "You'll never again have to worry about...
dry itchy skin" though. I have to practically take a bath in lotion
after I swim, just like I do with a traditionally-chlorinated pool.

I admit I wussed out and hired a pool company pretty much as soon as I
moved in, and they take care of regulating the salt and other
chemicals, so I couldn't honestly say how hard it is to maintain the
salt levels.

Still... thumbs up.

--
Jennifer