Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Underground foundation leak around supply line

The original patching on the interior wall was very thin. I broke it
open and filled the hole with hydraulic cement. Water came through
with the next rain. I chiseled a groove around the pipe and filled
with epoxy. Still have water. I have dug a hole on the exterior and
exposed the pipe. What type of goop should be applied here? And how
the heck should I test it, because I've discovered that the shovel is
not my tool of choice?
Thanks for any help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It is definitely a ground water leak. As you suspected, there are
three downspouts in the area. I am moving the two biggest ones away
from the trouble area and redirecting the third. The ground has
settled over twenty years, causing a depression. I will backfill this
area, under the mulch, to create a better drainage grade.
There is not an obvious crack or hole in the foundation. The water
supply line appears to have been forced/bent to meet the drilled hole
in the foundation. I suspect the downward pressure over the years
between the pipe and concrete has created a gap under the pipe that is
not visible, but is plenty big enough for water.
The "dirt" around the pipe is more clay than dirt.

The original patching on the interior wall was very thin. I broke it
open and filled the hole with hydraulic cement. Water came through
with the next rain. I chiseled a groove around the pipe and filled
with epoxy. Still have water. I have dug a hole on the exterior and
exposed the pipe. What type of goop should be applied here? And how
the heck should I test it, because I've discovered that the shovel is
not my tool of choice?
Thanks for any help.

is the pipe leaking?

if it is it must be replaced.......

is the problem ground water? sounds like thats it. does it have a easy
path say broken plugged downspouts gutters, drain lines? ground lower
at home or away from home?

we need more info

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Stootzmann

If you really want to seal around a pipe entry into a foundation or any kind
of crack in a foundation you'll need to mimic what they do at the "Crack
Team" http://www.thecrackteam.com/

They're originally located in the St Louis area and did work on my Sister's
house. I watched them do it -- they use clean the crack or the area around
the pipe and used epoxy to seal the outside of the crack and also seal
injection nozels over the crack they they inject and poly whatever under
pressure into the crack that fills it up and no more leaks.

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

installing water supply line from street to house. [email protected] Home Repair 9 November 13th 05 10:26 PM
Foundation repair Dan_Musicant Home Repair 4 September 5th 05 03:28 AM
Generator Grounding PoP UK diy 10 November 13th 03 12:29 PM
oil supply line to boiler. Lawrence UK diy 7 October 16th 03 09:42 AM
Story & Info: Slab leak pipe repair Melbourne FL Brevard Co Rick Home Repair 0 September 3rd 03 01:18 AM