Junior Member

Unhappy Line Voltage Thermostat question

I am somewhat confused about this single pole, double pole/2 wire, 4 wire difference in line voltage thermostats. I have purchased multiple line voltage thermostats and didn't notice the difference until I pulled my old thermo off of the wall. I have 2 wires, red and black, connected to my old thermo and 1 white wire tucked away in the back leading off to somewhere else. The thermo's I bought where CT1950B's and are of the 4-wire variety. Is there anway to wire these 4 wire units to the wires I have available to me? Any in-depth explanation or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Aaron Caudill
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Line Voltage Thermostat question

You say the white wire is going somewhere else? Is it spliced to another
wire? or is there only one-three wire cable in the box and the white is not
being used

--
caudiar777