Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Insulating Basement Wall with Gap

I'm insulating my basement walls with R-19 unfaced fiberglass in 2x4
wood frames. I'll be adding a vapor barrier afterward. In one area of
my basement I must have a gap of about 8 inches between my framed wall
and the poured concrete. Should I still insulate that area?

Also, I'm not planning on insulating one of the exterior basement walls
at all because it's part of an unfinished storage area. So, there's a
partition wall that separates the unfinished space that's about 6 feet
from the exterior poured wall. Should I bother insulating that
partition wall? Does it need a vapor barrier?

Opinions apprecaited! Thanks.

Kevin