Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning spa filter

Someone suggested I clean my spa/hot tub filter by soaking it in bleach
water for several hours.

Will this work? If so, what ratio water to bleach?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

Just use laundry detergent mixed with water, then rinse it well. The
sanitizer in your operational hot tub will disinfect just fine. No need
to dump bleach into the environment, either. Tom
wrote:
Someone suggested I clean my spa/hot tub filter by soaking it in bleach
water for several hours.

Will this work? If so, what ratio water to bleach?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy

We use TSP (Trisodium phosphate) available in the paint dept at home
centers. Use the REAL TSP not the "substitute".
Using laundry soap is asking for trouble (BUBBLES)
Let it soak overnite in a TSP solution: 1/4 cup TSP to 2-3 gal water

Then using the strongest 'jet' of water you can get out of your hose, spray
it off getting between the folds too.

We keep two filters, one in the tub and the other, clean and ready to drop
in so you can do the overnite clean/soak above on the used one

Kenmore Refrigerator Water Filter Light Forever Green Naugahyde Home Repair 17 December 20th 17 07:34 PM
Usual water filter rootep Home Repair 2 January 20th 06 07:38 AM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
Cleaning a "Clean Stream" Gortex filter... loutent Woodworking 10 August 23rd 05 07:19 PM
OT Filter question Jim C Roberts Metalworking 10 June 29th 04 02:48 PM