Posted to alt.home.repair
al

Default pvc fitting connections?

Should pvc fittings be connected absolutely straight onto the adjacent
pipes?

I had a sewer hook-up job done yesterday and the curved fitting
connected to the pipe coming from the house is uneven by about two
centimeters or so. By uneven I mean that it does not fit straight onto
the pipe.

The guy who's doing the job has deftly come up with excuses for a
couple of other things already so far and before I address this with
him I want to be sure that I am correct in pointing it out to him.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

As long as there is plenty of adhesive, the pipe will seal properly. PVC
and ABS are very forgiving that way. For larger pipe used for drains (3"
and 4"), it is often actually necessary to angle the pipes slightly to get
the water to flow the right direction. You can often get up to a 10 or 15
degree angle coming out of a hub.

It may have been intentional but it may also be cosmetically sloppy but
otherwise fully functional. If it dosen't show and dosen't leak,
forgettaboutit.

oups.com...