Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Screen Replacement-Pool Enclosure-How Done?

We're spending a few days in the Orlando area visiting friends and my
curious mind got to wondering about this....

I don't think I've ever seen a nylon screened outdoor swimming pool
enclosure anywhere around our home town Boston area, but they are as thick
as thieves down where we are right now.

I started wondering what methods are used to gain safe access when needed to
repair a damaged screen somewhere on the typical arched top of those
enclosures.

All I can think of short of a "skyhook" is laying plywood or boards over the
area the worker(s) need to walk or crawl on to reach the area where they
need to remove the damaged screen and spline in a new piece.

Is there specialized access equipment used by pros who repair those
enclosures, and if so what is it?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Tue, 30 May 2006 20:44:20 GMT, "Jeff Wisnia"
wrote:

We're spending a few days in the Orlando area visiting friends and my
curious mind got to wondering about this....

I don't think I've ever seen a nylon screened outdoor swimming pool
enclosure anywhere around our home town Boston area, but they are as thick
as thieves down where we are right now.

I started wondering what methods are used to gain safe access when needed to
repair a damaged screen somewhere on the typical arched top of those
enclosures.

All I can think of short of a "skyhook" is laying plywood or boards over the
area the worker(s) need to walk or crawl on to reach the area where they
need to remove the damaged screen and spline in a new piece.

Is there specialized access equipment used by pros who repair those
enclosures, and if so what is it?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

The guys building them are busy as flies. Every time a hurricane comes
in, the house needs a new enclosure in many cases.

My cousin builds them in South Florida. He built himself a few narrow
beams (aluminum) that are light, easily moved and positioned, ladders,
etc.

Oren

excused from saving Universes."