Posted to alt.home.repair
wxfreqrs

Default painting bricks

when I moved in the bricks were painted
I HATE PAINTING
if there a effective way to remove the paint with out destroying the brick
I live 1.5 from the beach on the Ms gulf coast and I have to repaint after
almost every HURRICANE we have

--
Don
Peace Through Superior Firepower

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

wxfreqrs wrote:
when I moved in the bricks were painted
I HATE PAINTING
if there a effective way to remove the paint with out destroying the
brick I live 1.5 from the beach on the Ms gulf coast and I have to
repaint after almost every HURRICANE we have

Each case is unique. How old is the structure?

I had an older home which had been painted. I stripped all I could off
with a chemical striper (lye and corn starch as I recall) long hard job on a
2½ story large home. Then I carefully sand blasted with low pressure the
little remaining paint and the old dirt and grime that they had painted
over. That was an all summer project. I'm glad I did it and I am glad I was
a lot younger when I did it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

you can have it media blasted.

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
wxfreqrs

house built early 60's painted about 81 or so
I moved in in 85 and about every 5 years I paint, except since 2000 I have
painted every year
I vowed not this year
will look into stripping it off
thanks

--
Don
Peace Through Superior Firepower
http://www.gulfmaritime.minutemen.amist.us/ JOIN THE MINUTEMEN
http://myweb.cableone.net/wxfreqrs/ REAL TIME WEATHER
http://www.qsl.net/kb5fhx/index.html HAM RADIO

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
wxfreqrs wrote:
when I moved in the bricks were painted
I HATE PAINTING
if there a effective way to remove the paint with out destroying the
brick I live 1.5 from the beach on the Ms gulf coast and I have to
repaint after almost every HURRICANE we have

Each case is unique. How old is the structure?

I had an older home which had been painted. I stripped all I could off
with a chemical striper (lye and corn starch as I recall) long hard job on
a 2½ story large home. Then I carefully sand blasted with low pressure
the little remaining paint and the old dirt and grime that they had
painted over. That was an all summer project. I'm glad I did it and I am
glad I was a lot younger when I did it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit