Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rplacement of Glass in Garage Door

I have been helping my neighbor replace a broken pane of glass in their
garage door. All the other doors I have done this to have had a
removable frame on the inside of the door, attached with screws, so
replacement is straightforward.

However, their door's window frames don't have a screwed-in frame. It
looks like the frame itself is a one piece extrusion and I can't figure
out for the life of me how to put in the new glass.

I looked for the manufacturer and all I could find was a small sticker
that had ADM on it - no address or anything. Google and other searches
did not turn up any company website.

Any ideas on how to insert the glass? Anyone heard of ADM or know how
to contact them?

Thanks - Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

On Sat, 27 May 2006 17:45:59 GMT, "
wrote:

I have been helping my neighbor replace a broken pane of glass in their
garage door. All the other doors I have done this to have had a
removable frame on the inside of the door, attached with screws, so
replacement is straightforward.

However, their door's window frames don't have a screwed-in frame. It
looks like the frame itself is a one piece extrusion and I can't figure
out for the life of me how to put in the new glass.

I looked for the manufacturer and all I could find was a small sticker
that had ADM on it - no address or anything. Google and other searches
did not turn up any company website.

Any ideas on how to insert the glass? Anyone heard of ADM or know how
to contact them?

Thanks - Jim

Sometimes to have top remove some trim to install the glass. Another
method uses small metal glazing points and glazing compound to hold
the glass.
Posted to alt.home.repair
g.a.miller

On Sat, 27 May 2006 17:45:59 GMT, "
wrote:

I have been helping my neighbor replace a broken pane of glass in their
garage door. All the other doors I have done this to have had a
removable frame on the inside of the door, attached with screws, so
replacement is straightforward.

However, their door's window frames don't have a screwed-in frame. It
looks like the frame itself is a one piece extrusion and I can't figure
out for the life of me how to put in the new glass.

I looked for the manufacturer and all I could find was a small sticker
that had ADM on it - no address or anything. Google and other searches
did not turn up any company website.

Any ideas on how to insert the glass? Anyone heard of ADM or know how
to contact them?

Thanks - Jim

Jim I am not sure but itcould be a safeway door. You have to seperate
the frame, but then the frame is no longer good. I have replaced a few
in my days, but a pane (HA-HA) to do. If I can help any other way let
me know.
Best Regards
Anthony

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy

Anyone heard of ADM

Archer Daniels Midland. Is the door made of recycled wheat straw, soybeans
or corn ?