Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Pressure Washure

I'm thinking about buying a small pressure Washer Sorting like a Black
Decker PW1300 ( not necessarily that one) They run about $80 to $150, I'm
looking for something to Clean the patio maybe yard furniture, nothing like
power washing a house. Dose anyone have any experience with them? or
suggestion ?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonnymus

Sacramento Dave wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a small pressure Washer Sorting like a Black
Decker PW1300 ( not necessarily that one) They run about $80 to $150, I'm
looking for something to Clean the patio maybe yard furniture, nothing like
power washing a house. Dose anyone have any experience with them? or
suggestion ?

I have a 1500 psi electric from Home Depot that I use to
clean my pool filters. It works fine and I have no
complaint. Since the washer has a pressure switch instead
of a bypass, I am also considering tossing the housing,
changing the hose input to 1/2" NPT, hanging it on the
garage wall and leaving it permanently hooked up. I'd put
in a ball valve at the water connection just to keep the
pressure switch from working. The only problem I forsee is
getting a longer hose than the 20' one that comes with it.
I tried a few others, but the hose adapter is some weird size.

I like the idea of having a small pressure washer instantly
available for washing the car, etc., without the hassle of
dragging out the hose and making the connections.

Any suggestions?

Nonnymus
Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

I have a 1500 psi electric from Home Depot that I use to clean my pool
filters. It works fine and I have no complaint. Since the washer has a
pressure switch instead of a bypass, I am also considering tossing the
housing, changing the hose input to 1/2" NPT, hanging it on the garage
wall and leaving it permanently hooked up. I'd put in a ball valve at the
water connection just to keep the pressure switch from working. The only
problem I forsee is getting a longer hose than the 20' one that comes with
it. I tried a few others, but the hose adapter is some weird size.

I like the idea of having a small pressure washer instantly available for
washing the car, etc., without the hassle of dragging out the hose and
making the connections.

Any suggestions?

Nonnymus

I didn't think about one for cleaning the pool filters.I have to swing buy
Home Crapo and check one out.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
. com...
I'm thinking about buying a small pressure Washer Sorting like a Black
Decker PW1300 ( not necessarily that one) They run about $80 to $150, I'm
looking for something to Clean the patio maybe yard furniture, nothing
like power washing a house. Dose anyone have any experience with them? or
suggestion ?

YES!

Go easy at first. It is easy to get up too close, and get too much of a
high pressure spray on there. I still have marks on my concrete where the
spray nozzle took off more than it should have, and left tracks.

Use the diffuser. That is, the thing that makes the spray come out in a
flat plane instead of like a straight stream. Wet what you want to clean,
and let it soak in. The second pass will knock stuff loose better that way.

Watch painted of sensitive surfaces. It will definitely leave marks on
cars, and I consider them worthless for anything but the first soaking, a
little washing, and the final rinse. They are far too rough to use to
actually clean the car, and I have never used one that it didn't leave
streaks. They are good on tires, the undercarriage, and wheel wells. Also,
motors.

Just be careful until you get a grip on the power one of these things has or
you will blow away paint, fittings, molding, caulking, and things you want
to stay on rather than wash off.

All in all, a handy device, but like a saw, they will alter whatever you put
in its path.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Sacramento Dave wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a small pressure Washer Sorting like a Black
Decker PW1300 ( not necessarily that one) They run about $80 to $150,
I'm looking for something to Clean the patio maybe yard furniture,
nothing like power washing a house. Dose anyone have any experience
with them? or suggestion ?

I bought one of the inexpensive electric ones from a big box store and I
have been very happy with it. Sometimes I would like to have one with more
power, and especially more volume, but I have been happy for several years
and no problems with it. It has paid for itself already.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw

Sacramento Dave wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a small pressure Washer Sorting like a Black
Decker PW1300 ( not necessarily that one) They run about $80 to $150, I'm
looking for something to Clean the patio maybe yard furniture, nothing like
power washing a house. Dose anyone have any experience with them? or
suggestion ?

I just bought an "upscale" electric PW (Campbell Hausfeld: 1650 PSI x
1.6 GPM Universal Electric Pressure Washer w/Turbo Nozzle - PW168605AV
to grab the description from the order confirmation) and have been
really happy with it. Previously I've borrowed my neighbor's small
gasoline-powered unit but eventually even I start to feel like a leech.
The electric has more than enough power to clean the deck and porches
and walks and patio furniture which routinely wind up with a nasty coat
of mildew in my climate. I did these with the unit straight out of the
box and found it worked as well as the little gasoline unit and was
_way_ less trouble.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Akshooly, eye do have a presshur washur. I got myne from Hoam Deepoe,
and it haz serfed me wel. I choz thee won from Hoam Deepoe becaz hit
had a metal hi presher casting, sum uf thee othur brands had plastik.

After abowt two yeers of use doing od jobs and cleening AC koyls, it
stil werkz fine. I had one befour with a plastik hi presher casting,
and the plastik one split open, wood not werk.

Meyn waz abowt $100 and werth effery pennie.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
. com...
I'm thinking about buying a small pressure Washer Sorting like a Black
Decker PW1300 ( not necessarily that one) They run about $80 to $150,
I'm
looking for something to Clean the patio maybe yard furniture, nothing
like
power washing a house. Dose anyone have any experience with them? or
suggestion ?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dale Randall

Hate to be the fly in the ointment here, but I've been waiting a long time
to vent to someone regarding the B&D PW1500 that I received as a gift a
couple years ago.

It has unquestionably been, overall, the worst appliance I have ever
owned/used, and I've been around awhile.

It has a "snap-on" handle that you use to wheel the washer around.
Unfortunately, the handle slides off every time you go to use it, so, in my
case, I just pick up the whole unit and lug it to wherever it needs to go.

It has a "snap-in" hose connector to attach the water supply to your power
washer. Unfortunately, it leaks like a sieve and "snaps-out" every time you
use it, unless you take great care not to breathe on it while you're using
the washer. That can be problematic if you're doing anything less delicate
than watering flowers.

The second year I owned it, one of the washer wands sprung a leak. You
can't repair them, so I ordered a new one online from the B&D authorized
parts depot. It was $35.00 plus shipping for one plastic wand for a
pressure washer that cost less than $100.00 new and complete.

Another wand attachment has a rotating brush that turns with the water
pressure (what's left of it, after the leaky hose connector). I believe
it's
designed to serve as a brush for washing your vehicles. I wouldn't know for
sure, since it comes apart every time I hook it up. I was going to just go
ahead and super-glue it together, but finally decided I didn't care anymore.

Had it been my own purchase and not been a gift, I would've kept the receipt
and it would've been back to the store in less than a week.

It really, really sucks.