Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radio Explodes

The other day I was listening to the radio in my car. I had on one of
the local rock stations and the news had just started. Suddenly I
heard a foreign language and then heard "Radio Baghdad" (in English).
I heard sirens and the word "attack" kept being repeated. Seconds
later the radio exploded blowing the dashboard and my windshield right
out of my car. There was a huge fireball and my face was burning in
pain. I slammed on the brakes and jumped out of the car. The car
crashed a few hundred meters ahead, rolling over in a ditch. I
suffered 1st and 2nd degree burns on my face and arms. I was released
from the hospital today, but have to go back for outpatient
treatments. Do you think this was a terrorist attack? What should I
do. Neither the police or my insurance company believe me, and the
police issued me a citation. I will have to go to court. I need
evidense that my radio was taken over by terrorists, but how do I get
it. I called the radio station I was listening to, and they said they
knew of no such attack, and said their transmitter was working
perfectly. What do I do?

Peter

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom W

Sell some of that good stuff you've been smoking and pay the citation

Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Law

Funny, this sounds almost exactly the same as an incident a few years back - a couple of women in England were watching TV
when the penguin on top of thier set suddenly exploded.

wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I believed it till the radio blew up

Its easy to transmit and override a tv or radio station close by by
building a small transmitter.

its called pirate radio theres a magazine about this....

anyone who listens to rock deserves their radio blowing up

Although Rap is even worse!

Posted to alt.home.repair
hah

On 25 May 2006 05:33:11 -0700, "
wrote:

I believed it till the radio blew up

Its easy to transmit and override a tv or radio station close by by
building a small transmitter.

its called pirate radio theres a magazine about this....

anyone who listens to rock deserves their radio blowing up

Although Rap is even worse!

Yes, and the explosion can be explained too. All radios made during
the last 31 years come with a small M/AM device inside. On receipt of
the proper signal, the force field is dropped. This is a part of the
1974 US terrorism act.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Phat Phuq

"Eric Law" wrote in message
m...
Funny, this sounds almost exactly the same as an incident a few years
back - a couple of women in England were watching TV when the penguin on
top of thier set suddenly exploded.

Ah, yes... The old exploding penguin on the telly.
Almost as good as the attack of the fromage.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Thu, 25 May 2006 03:26:13 -0500, wrote:

The other day I was listening to the radio in my car. I had on one of
the local rock stations and the news had just started. Suddenly I
heard a foreign language and then heard "Radio Baghdad" (in English).
I heard sirens and the word "attack" kept being repeated. Seconds
later the radio exploded blowing the dashboard and my windshield right
out of my car.

Wow, the car radio! You should listen to those stations on cheap
portable radios.

There was a huge fireball and my face was burning in
pain. I slammed on the brakes and jumped out of the car. The car
crashed a few hundred meters ahead, rolling over in a ditch. I

It must be smart. It took me 2 months to teach my dog to roll over.

suffered 1st and 2nd degree burns on my face and arms. I was released
from the hospital today, but have to go back for outpatient
treatments. Do you think this was a terrorist attack?

Probably.

What should I
do. Neither the police or my insurance company believe me, and the
police issued me a citation.

Congratulations. My uncle once got a citation from the governor.

I will have to go to court.

And you're an attorney too. Your parents should be proud.

I need
evidense that my radio was taken over by terrorists, but how do I get
it. I called the radio station I was listening to, and they said they
knew of no such attack, and said their transmitter was working
perfectly. What do I do?

Peter

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rob Mills

What do I do?

You really don't want to know do you?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

What do I do?

Get your head so close in there that the next time it explodes, it ends all
your problems and questions.

Steve

Chrysler Radio 1996 Dodge Stratus (Chrysler Sirrus?) Pinout question with GMC S15 Truck None Electronics Repair 4 July 3rd 04 11:29 PM
Broken Radio JW Electronics Repair 3 May 31st 04 01:05 PM
Radio Volume goes crazy? Maybe a short? (mini-van) lbbs Electronics Repair 14 November 30th 03 11:07 PM
What commercial radio frequencies does Japan use? Eric Sta. Ana Electronics Repair 2 July 28th 03 07:01 AM
Mobile VHF radio problem Bob Engelhardt Electronics Repair 4 July 17th 03 05:43 AM