Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default What paint?

To paint the INSIDE of a gas can?

The purpose is to discourage rust and flaking of current paint.
I figure I can get a quart, pour it in the can, slosh it all about, then
drain.

Else hire a team of hamsters with itty-bitty brushes.

Prior to painting, I plan to place rocks and sand in the can and shake it
like mad as a substitute for sanding.

=====
Because it's a military jerry can dated "Sep 1943" and has stenciled on it
"III Army," which I assume was Patton's outfit. It will have a certain irony
when used here with the Minutemen Project in South Texas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

there are special epoxy like coatings for gas cans, if it has any rust
i wouldnt trust it for not leaking

might try jc whitney, they used to sell it

Posted to alt.home.repair

Why does the INSIDE of a gas can need to be painted? I've had the same
gas can for almost 30 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Snydley

They make an epoxy,(I think), coating for the inside of motorcycle gas tanks
that is supposed to work well. Probly work better than paint.