Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trianco 15/19 oil boiler starts fine then just goes to burner lock out after 3 1/4 mins running.

Any ideas? (I'm in UK) Boiler has a Bentone electro oil Inter10
pl10/4 pump/burner assembly
This symptom doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. (commonly seems to be
cutting out within 30 secs or so). The tank filter has not been changed

in 18 years(!!) but when fitting a new plastic tank 5 years back paper
filter looked perfectly clean and no sediment in botttom of glass bowl
so I left as was.( probably rinsed it in fuel)
Photocell is clean, fuel is flowing ( not sure if fast enough, firing
rate stated as 40ml/minute and would certainly seem to easily match
that) .
Some sediment appeared in the first jamjar of oil after disconnecting
flexihose at boiler. 2nd jamjar seems to be clear. I assume this may
have been debris from the hose perhaps although it was a browny colour
and looked like tiny bits of chipboard !! No evidence of water or air
in these samples. I guess I should just
change the tank paper filter although it still looks clean and whilst a
second run off of oil at the boiler end produced some more sediment
that which came directly out of the filter bowl outlet was clean.
My user notes for the boiler state that there is an internal filter for

the pump but I have no idea where this might be if anyone can help in
the pump filters location and what to undo to look at the oil pump
itself I'd be very grateful,
thanks
PS The nozzle is original I think and would like to replace. How do I
establish which danfoss series ( ie H,EH, S,ES orB) nozzle I need, I
found the size specification somewhere but not to hand at the moment.