Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cost of skylight replacement?

Greetings,

I have three old plastic "bubble" skylights on my roof that I would
like to replace with new Velux glass ones. The old skylights are
curb-mounted and, since the interior size of the opening is 21.5 x 45
1/4 inches and the "hole" underneath the bubble itself seems a
little bit bigger, I think the Velux FCM 2246 skylights will fit. The
slope of the roof seems to be 45 degrees.

The question is- what might be the labor cost for skylight replacement?
( the skylight itself+flushing kit is approximately $205 in Lowe's).
Since I already have skylights, I do not think I need any interior
finish or making /expanding openings in the roof.

I also think that an average roofer could do this kind of job so I
don't need any specialized contractors - is this true?

Thanks in advance,

Andrei K.