Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence

Default bulk material needs

I need to have bulk materials delivered for a variety of needs. One
need I have is for fill dirt for the purpose of filling in holes from
stumps I am removing. After I dig up a stump there is quite a crater
remaining! I already have some crappy clay on my site and don't need
any more clay soil delivered. Some of the stumps are close to the house

while others are out on the fenceline. What are the different types of

dirt I can order? What type of dirt should I ask for for this
purpose?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby

Lawrence wrote:
I need to have bulk materials delivered for a variety of needs. One
need I have is for fill dirt for the purpose of filling in holes from
stumps I am removing. After I dig up a stump there is quite a crater
remaining! I already have some crappy clay on my site and don't need
any more clay soil delivered. Some of the stumps are close to the house

while others are out on the fenceline. What are the different types of

dirt I can order? What type of dirt should I ask for for this
purpose?

First, get rid of any rocks around your place. Old wall board etc. And
use up as much of your clay as possible. Tamp it down and fill the top
4" with good loam (i.e., topsoil) so you can grow grass.