Posted to alt.home.repair
AbdMalik1

Default ceiling fan wiring

hi,
i have a ceiling fan and had to replace the fan pull switch. when i did
it i didnt label or note the wiring color code so now my fan doenst
work in the order it is designed to. on the new pull switch there are
four places to cennect wires: L 1, 2, and 3. the wire colors from the
fan: are yellow, orange, black and purple.
any idea on the "fireing" order?
thanks in advance
dude

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

You need to find which wire on the fan is the 120 volt feed, which will go
to the switch wire "L", from there its just pot luck as to which wire is low
med hi

ps.com...