Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack

Default Which solder paste for water copper pipe?

I'm repiping my whole house with water copper pipes. There are few kinds of
solder paste including oil and water base at the local hardware supply
store. Any difference between oil or water base and so which is the right
one for lead free solder?

Posted to alt.home.repair
DAC

Why not use the lead free type that comes on a spool an looks like a
large wire? Something like http://www.plumbingsupply.com/solder.html

DAC

Posted to alt.home.repair
CattleProd

On Thu, 18 May 2006 08:40:44 -0700, "Jack" n wrote:

I'm repiping my whole house with water copper pipes. There are few kinds of
solder paste including oil and water base at the local hardware supply
store. Any difference between oil or water base and so which is the right
one for lead free solder?

You should match the paste to the solder you are using. In fact, I
always purchase only that solder that actually comes with a tin of
flux paste.