Posted to alt.home.repair
Paulf

Default Vinyl Windows

I need windows for my home and I was thinking about vinyl. Are they good
and which are the best??
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have install a couple in my house, (2 years ago) which I bought from
Home Depot.

They have worked perfectly for me and I am very happy with them.

The quality control seemed rather poor and, in order to get 2 good
windows, I had to reject 2 others that they sent which had defects.
However, the exchange process was friendly and I plan to buy more from
them soon.

Hope this helps.

Lewis.

*****

Posted to alt.home.repair

i use widow world for vinyl windows, 2 panes with lowe glass for 220.00
each installed... now there are the 3 pane jobs for 600.00 range....
lucas

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby

Paulf wrote:
I need windows for my home and I was thinking about vinyl. Are they good
and which are the best??

What do you mean by "good"? Does that mean cheap? If so, yes, they
are cheap.

When I moved into this house 20 years ago it had old, steel frame,
casement windows that wouldn't even close all the way. I shot-gunned
the place with 13 cheap vinyl replacement windows. The heating expense
dropped to 2/3 of what it was the first year. As time and money allow,
I'm going around replace those with Andersen windows which are much
better looking.

One thing to worry about is how much of your view the vinyl windows cut
off because the frame is 4" on all sides. But replacement windows are
easy to slide in. Using new windows (all that Andersen makes), means
chopping the siding and making new trim.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mikeytag

I upgraded 3 sliding french doors and some windows about a year ago with
vinyl windows from Milgard. They look great and are supposed to last a
lifetime. We replaced our wood doors and windows with vinyl and I am so
glad I did. While wood cracks and requires maintenance, vinyl never really
does. Get some quotes from preferred glass shops in your area, in my
opinion vinyl is a great way to go.

Mike