Posted to alt.home.repair
Tommy

Default electrical

2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it draw??
Posted to alt.home.repair
sky

tommy me 'oy are ye doin homework?

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"Tommy" wrote in message
news:404d96eec29758c330f5d91c1cc1b75d@homerepairli ve.com...
2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it draw??

Living up to the reputation of Homerepair live

P=IV

P/V=I

2000/208= 9.6A rms Nominal

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Tommy wrote:
2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it draw??

Where did you find a 208V supply?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

wrote in message
On Wed, 17 May 2006 21:16:47 GMT, "PipeDown"
wrote:

"Tommy" wrote in message
news:404d96eec29758c330f5d91c1cc1b75d@homerepair live.com...
2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it draw??

Living up to the reputation of Homerepair live

P=IV

P/V=I

2000/208= 9.6A rms Nominal

That assumers thgis was 2kw @ 208v. If it is rated 240v and running on
208 your next assignment is to compute that value.

That should start a squabble ;-)

True enough, 208V implies 3 phase which is uncommon in residential (but not
unheard of). To answer that would require knowing how the load is wired.

Given the incomplete nature of the question, my answer is adequate for a
home repair live OP. This poster also wants a 4 foot thick slab, who knows
whats up without background info.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

On Wed, 17 May 2006 23:18:38 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Tommy wrote:
2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it draw??

Where did you find a 208V supply?

Isn't that the standard phase-to-phase difference of 3-phase power?

Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw

wrote:

Tommy wrote:
2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it draw??

Where did you find a 208V supply?

Isn't that the standard phase-to-phase difference of 3-phase power?

Sure is.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Posted to alt.home.repair
MiikeB

wrote:

Tommy wrote:

2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it draw??

Where did you find a 208V supply?

Isn't that the standard phase-to-phase difference of 3-phase power?

Sure is.

3-Phase Wye is 208V, Delta is 240V

MikeB
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

wrote:

Tommy wrote:
2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it
draw??

Where did you find a 208V supply?

Isn't that the standard phase-to-phase difference of 3-phase power?

That what I was thinking, but unless this was a homework assignment, I
find it unlikely that the question would ever come up for someone using 3
phase. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis

According to Joseph Meehan :
wrote:

Tommy wrote:
2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it
draw??

Where did you find a 208V supply?

Isn't that the standard phase-to-phase difference of 3-phase power?

That what I was thinking, but unless this was a homework assignment, I
find it unlikely that the question would ever come up for someone using 3
phase. :-)

Warehouse/commercial space often has 120/208V and no 240V. It's quite
common in, say, warehouse - office conversions to have to deal with
not having 240V when you're putting in things like heaters, dryers
stoves etc.

In one office I was in, the computer disk drives (Fujitsu Eagles, back
in the days when they were 14" 200 pound rackmount beasties) were
on 208V.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Chris Lewis wrote:
According to Joseph Meehan :
wrote:

Tommy wrote:
2000watt space heater wire at 208 volts -how many amps does it
draw??

Where did you find a 208V supply?

Isn't that the standard phase-to-phase difference of 3-phase power?

That what I was thinking, but unless this was a homework
assignment, I find it unlikely that the question would ever come up
for someone using 3 phase. :-)

Warehouse/commercial space often has 120/208V and no 240V. It's quite
common in, say, warehouse - office conversions to have to deal with
not having 240V when you're putting in things like heaters, dryers
stoves etc.

In one office I was in, the computer disk drives (Fujitsu Eagles, back
in the days when they were 14" 200 pound rackmount beasties) were
on 208V.

Thinking of it that way it does make sense. Thanks.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Electrical problems at home related to RPC Pete C. Metalworking 6 January 13th 06 12:21 PM
Even with electrical plate insulators, cold air is leaking thru... bd420 Home Repair 7 December 21st 05 09:02 PM
Do they make white electrical tape? Harry Everhart Home Repair 6 June 16th 05 06:02 AM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Installing Ceiling Fan with Red wire on electrical box. Josh Home Repair 20 July 31st 03 11:53 AM