Posted to alt.home.repair
JK

Default Cub Cadet mow in reverse

Does anyone know how to make a 2004 Cub Cadet LT1018 mow in reverse? I
have a lot of crap that I have to mow around, so often need to back up
a foot or so to make changes in direction and I get tired of
contstantly having to restart the PTO. The newer tractors can all be
made to mow in reverse but mine doesn't have that feature. The dealer
says its easy to change but doesn't want to tell me how for liability
reasons.
Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

Maybe this:

"Its designed to be a simple procedure because people do complain of
the lack of reverse....Not sure of your model but on my 3204, you will
need to look at the foot pedals underneath the machine. Look closely to
where the reverse pedal contacts and you will see a plunger and a small
metal tab...if you move the metal tab you are good to go...no cutting
wires or jumping switches... "

From this site:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...&t ype=thread

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tvfarmer

I am not familar with your exact model but I have disabled the seat
switch by just pulling both leads off the switch and hardwireing them
together - I asume there a similar pressure switch which is contacted
when put into reverse . is there some sort of guard around the gear
shifter that can be removed it is most likely under there. or around
the shifting linkage somewhere.
Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair
JK

On 10 May 2006 11:14:03 -0700, "RayV" wrote:

Maybe this:

"Its designed to be a simple procedure because people do complain of
the lack of reverse....Not sure of your model but on my 3204, you will
need to look at the foot pedals underneath the machine. Look closely to
where the reverse pedal contacts and you will see a plunger and a small
metal tab...if you move the metal tab you are good to go...no cutting
wires or jumping switches... "

From this site:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...&t ype=thread

I've seen that site, didn't find any such switch when I looked, and I
even had the deck removed. I'll take another peek later today, it was
getting late last night so the light wasn't too good.