Posted to alt.home.repair
david

Default polish for real, versus vinyl, linoleum

Is Armstrong Floor Polish, which is for "real" linoleum, also suitable
for the more prevalent synthetic "vinyl" linoleum," or not?

I learned recently the original forumlation of linoleum was from an
oil ("oleum") of the linseed plant ("lin"). But it's rare if not
obsolete now, having been replaced by vinyl made in the chem lab. I
refloored my bathroom and put in real linoleum. It needs to be covered
with polish, which I did, and the Armstrong Floor Polish is the
indicated product for that. I have a lot of it left over, and other
areas of my house with regular vinyl "imitation" linoleum. Is that
polish OK to use on vinyl, or is it a "real linoleum only" product?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 07 May 2006 12:17:06a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it david?

Is Armstrong Floor Polish, which is for "real" linoleum, also suitable
for the more prevalent synthetic "vinyl" linoleum," or not?

I learned recently the original forumlation of linoleum was from an
oil ("oleum") of the linseed plant ("lin"). But it's rare if not
obsolete now, having been replaced by vinyl made in the chem lab. I
refloored my bathroom and put in real linoleum. It needs to be covered
with polish, which I did, and the Armstrong Floor Polish is the
indicated product for that. I have a lot of it left over, and other
areas of my house with regular vinyl "imitation" linoleum. Is that
polish OK to use on vinyl, or is it a "real linoleum only" product?

Most vinyl flooring does not require wax. In fact, the wax won't stick to
many of the vinyls.

Is this a paste wax (typical for linoleum) or liquid? You'd stand a better
chance of it possibly working with paste wax.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to alt.home.repair
david

On 7 May 2006 10:31:52 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com wrote:

[...]

Thank you. It's liquid. It's shown he

http://www.armstrong.com/resflram/na...productId=18.0

I think I'll just reserve it for my real bathroom linoleum, and
consider myself lucky to have a 2-lifetime supply.

Hardieplank versus vinyl fishman35 Home Repair 4 August 13th 06 02:55 AM
Furniture polish on new finish Keith Woodworking 2 March 12th 06 01:07 PM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Information on Beeswax Enoch Root Woodworking 4 December 29th 05 05:25 PM
Vinyl siding to replace wood siding. ADD Home Repair 7 May 11th 05 02:22 PM