Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaf Blower won't stay running

This thing is making me crazy, I have replaced the carb, air cleaner,
fuel filter, fuel hoses, muffler and spark plug. As long as I push the
primer bulb it will stay running if I don't prime it, it dies as
it'srunning lean (speeds up before stopping). It's a Craftaman maybe 7
or 8 years old.

I have already spent more then what I could of bought a new one for but
I don't want to give up, I hate to loose.

Any ideas??

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Its not getting enough gas, could be an air leak you missed, like carb
on loose or gasket is bad, a loose cracked fuel line. Its probably
something small you can easily miss, one of many things.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Speeding up before stopping indicates air is leaning it out completly in
the last seconds, even maybe the primer bulb or hose sucks in air the
second you stop force feeding gas. An air leak can be hard to find, look
at the primer hose when you stop pumping, does air go into it. Check
head, crankcase, and any bolt and everything that can let in air.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

give it away to an old retired handy neighbor who likes to fix stuff.
you will get big karma points and he will fix it for probably ten cents
worth of materials and but a lifetime of patience.
make sure this neighbor is on the other side of town so you don't have
to listen to it anymore. some municipalities no longer permit these
devices, so check that before you run out and buy an incorrect new one.

Leaf blower
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A leaf blower is gardening tool that propels air out of an nozzle to
move yard debris such as leaves. Leaf blowers are powered by 2 cycle
engine or an electric motor. Recently 4 cycle engines were introduced
to partially address air pollution concerns. Leaf blowers are typically
self contained handheld units, or backpack mounted units with a
handheld wand. The latter is more ergonomic for prolonged use. Some
units can also suck in leaves and small twigs via a vaccuum, and shred
them into a bag.

The leaf blower was invented by Japanese engineers in the early 1970s.
It was originally introduced to the United States as part of an
agricultural chemical sprayer. Shortly thereafter manufacturers
discovered that many consumers were removing the chemical dispensing
parts from the device, leaving only the blower behind. Manufacturers
then saw the potential of their invention as a common lawn and garden
maintenance tool. Drought conditions in California facilitated
acceptance of the leaf blower as the use of water for many garden
clean-up tasks was prohibited. By 1990, annual sales were over 800,000
in the U.S., and the tool had become a ubiquitous gardening implement.
Soon after the leaf blower was introduced into the U.S., its use was
banned in two California cities, Carmel-by-the-Sea in 1975 and Beverly
Hills in 1978, as a noise nuisance. There are currently twenty
California cities that have banned leaf blowers, sometimes only within
residential neighborhoods and usually targeting gasoline-powered
equipment. Another 80 cities have ordinances on the books restricting
either usage or noise level or both. Other cities have discussed and
rejected leaf blower bans. Nationwide, two states, Arizona and New
Jersey, have considered laws at the state level, and five other states
have at least one city with a leaf blower ordinance.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaf_blower"

Posted to alt.home.repair

I replace a couple of the hoses but there was one that I left because
it was a diffrent size the I had. I'll try that one today and keep my
fingers crossed.

Thanks