Posted to alt.home.repair
Robatoy

Default T-Force for nailers?

There are days when I do a lot of little things in a lot of different
places and dragging a compressor (even a pancake) becomes an
inconvenience.

Doing my duty-ful DAGS-thang, I stumbled upon these fellas:
http://www.turanairsystems.com/default.html

So, before I get an overdose of sticker-shock, I would like to ask my
BIT's (Brethern-In-Tools) here if any of you have had the pleasure to
use this air delivery system.
It sure makes a heckuvalot of sense to me.

The usual caveats apply:
I have NO affiliation with this company.
I have NOT been drinking.

Respectfully, I remain,

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Robatoy wrote:
There are days when I do a lot of little things in a lot of different
places and dragging a compressor (even a pancake) becomes an
inconvenience.

Doing my duty-ful DAGS-thang, I stumbled upon these fellas:
http://www.turanairsystems.com/default.html

So, before I get an overdose of sticker-shock, I would like to ask my
BIT's (Brethern-In-Tools) here if any of you have had the pleasure to
use this air delivery system.
It sure makes a heckuvalot of sense to me.

The usual caveats apply:
I have NO affiliation with this company.
I have NOT been drinking.

If you're looking to lighten up the load and lose the compressor, what
about cordless nailers? I have been using Paslodes, framer and finish,
for almost 20 years and I love the things.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Robatoy

In article .com,
"RicodJour" wrote:

I have been using Paslodes, framer and finish,
for almost 20 years and I love the things.

I have a few Paslode nailers, they have been stellar performers, but I never
tried their tail-less versions.
How about intermittent use, like storage for longer periods?

At the prices of the T-Force, the Paslodes suddenly look reasonable, and my
pancake doesn't seem that heavy anymore. G
Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Robatoy wrote:

"RicodJour" wrote:

I have been using Paslodes, framer and finish,
for almost 20 years and I love the things.

I have a few Paslode nailers, they have been stellar performers, but I never
tried their tail-less versions.
How about intermittent use, like storage for longer periods?

The only thing that would be questionable after long storage (many
months) would be the gas cartridges, and they're cheap. Of course the
NiCad battery would have to be recharged, but that's about it. I often
set them aside and dont' touch them for periods, alternated with
periods of heavy use. As with any internal combustion engine, periodic
maintenance will prolong the tool's life significantly.

I find the finish gun indispensible, and the framer tremendously
convenient. The framer can't keep up with an air tool for things like
laying down a subfloor, but I don't find that to be a big problem. I
also find that people that use the Paslode cordless framer, the
Impulse, do far better than some of the pneumatic cowboys who seem to
miss as many framing members as they hit. There's more feedback with
the Impulse and the slightly slower speed is used for more precise
placement - at least by me.

As a remodeling gun, as opposed to dedicated framing, it's tough to
beat. I hate all the extra work and noise that compressors entail
(tripped breakers, hose and electric cord set up and break down,
homeowner askng you to move the compressor or stop using it so much
(?!), etc.), so it's pretty much perfect for me.