Posted to alt.home.repair
Boleslaw Ciesielski

Default Are there any combo smoke/CO detectors with photoelectric sensors?

I have to install carbon monoxide detectors in my house (new MA law) but
I am having hard time finding the right model. I currently have
hard-wired, ceiling mounted smoke detectors which I would like to
replace with combination smoke/CO detectors. They need to satisfy the
following requirements:

- combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector
- both talking and tone alarm (code requirement)
- hard-wired to AC with battery backup
- photoelectric smoke sensor (code requirement)

But I can't find any combo detectors with photoelectric smoke sensor.
Are there any units like that?

Thanks,

Boleslaw Ciesielski
Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V

"Boleslaw Ciesielski" wrote in message
I have to install carbon monoxide detectors in my house (new MA law) but I
am having hard time finding the right model. I currently have hard-wired,
ceiling mounted smoke detectors which I would like to replace with
combination smoke/CO detectors. They need to satisfy the following
requirements:

- combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector
- both talking and tone alarm (code requirement)
- hard-wired to AC with battery backup
- photoelectric smoke sensor (code requirement)

But I can't find any combo detectors with photoelectric smoke sensor. Are
there any units like that?

Thanks,

Boleslaw Ciesielski

Just went thru this myself 3 weeks ago in MA. I could NOT fine them
anywhere. I ended up going with battery CO's to meet the code.