Posted to alt.home.repair
Jane

Default laminate flooring

How do I properly install laminate flooring to avoid
bubbling after water spill?

Will gluing help? If that helps then when do I apply the
glue? While installing or after installation?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Hogwild

I'm guessing you mean gluing the joints?

I don't think you're supposed to. It probably would't help anyways.

My understanding is, if the floor gets wet - dry it.

If its an area subject to standing water, don't use laminate.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Laminate flooring varies in quality. Mannington click flooring (non glued)
is treated to me moisture reistant at the edges so the only thing you have
to worry about is were it is cut at edges under wall moldings. In wet areas
like kitchens and baths you are supposed to silicone under moldings. My
parents have it installed in 2 bathrooms and a kitchen and so far it is
perfect after 3 years. Note though that it is not flood proof.