Posted to alt.home.repair
barbarow

Default Auor windshiled washer fix

I can't find an auto repair board but wanted to share my find.

My windshield washer unit stopped working; I could hear the motor run but no
fluid came out.

Dealer suggested they would only replace the unit parts $22.00 labor at
$79.00/hour,

But they said it could be caused by a clogged screen.

I decided I had nothing to lose; so, I put a capful of Drano in the unit and
let it stand for an hour. Now the unit is working again. Apparently the
Drano dissolved the clog on the screen.

Have a Great Week !

Check Winter Haven's Current Weather
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...er+Haven+33881

Posted to alt.home.repair

sure hope that drano doesnt etch your windshield, i would flush and run
the pump a lot....

new windshields or paint damage can be really pricey