Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Extending the Neutral Wire for AFCI & GFCI Breakers in a Breaker Panel

I would like to install an AFCI breaker for my bedroom outlet circuit
and an GFCI breaker for my bathroom outlet circuit. The problem is
that the breakers need their respective neutral circuit wires taken
from the neutral bus bar to the new AFCI/GFCI breaker(s), but the
neutral wires are too short to reach the breakers. What kind of spices
(ie. crimp, stab or twist) could I use to extend the neutral wires that
is up to the current NEC code?

Posted to alt.home.repair

crimp is best

Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to install an AFCI breaker for my bedroom outlet circuit
and an GFCI breaker for my bathroom outlet circuit. The problem is
that the breakers need their respective neutral circuit wires taken
from the neutral bus bar to the new AFCI/GFCI breaker(s), but the
neutral wires are too short to reach the breakers. What kind of spices
(ie. crimp, stab or twist) could I use to extend the neutral wires that
is up to the current NEC code?

The best thing to do is to move your breakers around so the it can reach.
That ought to be possible.
If not, wire nuts will meet code as long as it is all done in the box.

I have the opposite problem. My wires are all so long that it is difficult
to fit them in the breaker box. I ought to trim them down, but am afraid as
soon as I do it I will need them longer for some reason. Putting a transfer
switch in was a real trip.

Help tracing breaker and wire gsmith97893 Home Repair 9 April 12th 06 06:57 PM
Replacing Breaker Box Project HeyBub Home Repair 11 April 10th 06 03:24 AM
240 volt wiring Charles Home Repair 11 December 30th 03 11:13 PM
Hot tub wiring questions Jason Home Repair 2 December 6th 03 06:05 AM
Electrical service question - old house, new addition - expert advice needed major domo Home Repair 4 November 20th 03 10:39 PM