Posted to alt.home.repair
sand and sun

Default Lawnmower Toro 6.5hp Tecumseh engine starting problem

My Toro 6.5hp Tecumseh lawnmower engine starting problem, it shutsoff
as soon as the engine tries to turn on. I thought it could be due to
old gas so replaced the gas, oil. Still it doesnt start.

Every time I prime and pull the starter-cord it tries to start a few
cycle then it stops. Without priming it never even turn.

What could be the problem any easyway to start it, like a special
solution, can I try the gas-deicer? or similar if water is the problem?
This is a new machine I bought 4 years back, only mistake is I left it
outside last winter, in a wraped tarp, under the deck.

Appreciate any help.

S.

Posted to alt.home.repair

man...if you didnt treat your gas with stabil last fall youll need a
carb rebuild...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

"sand and sun" wrote in message oups.com...
My Toro 6.5hp Tecumseh lawnmower engine starting problem, it shutsoff
as soon as the engine tries to turn on. I thought it could be due to
old gas so replaced the gas, oil. Still it doesnt start.

Every time I prime and pull the starter-cord it tries to start a few
cycle then it stops. Without priming it never even turn.

What could be the problem any easyway to start it, like a special
solution, can I try the gas-deicer? or similar if water is the problem?
This is a new machine I bought 4 years back, only mistake is I left it
outside last winter, in a wraped tarp, under the deck.

Appreciate any help.

You have a carb problem. Take it apart and clean it thoroughly. Next year,
run it dry before storage, or use sta-bil or similar.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
sand and sun

Thank you. I will try to take it apart and clean it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
sand and sun

Bob, I didnt take it apart the carb, I give it a try by loosening the
1/2inch nut found on the carburator bowl bottom and draining the old
gas. (I was expecting the carb bowl to come apart, bit it didnt, thats
good since its not that complicated to put the nut back). And flushed
it with Isopropy Fuel Dryer and soaking it overnight with STP Complete
Fuel System Cleaner following it with fresh gas. It worked well. Thank
you Bob for the tip.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

"sand and sun" wrote in message oups.com...
Bob, I didnt take it apart the carb, I give it a try by loosening the
1/2inch nut found on the carburator bowl bottom and draining the old
gas. (I was expecting the carb bowl to come apart, bit it didnt, thats
good since its not that complicated to put the nut back). And flushed
it with Isopropy Fuel Dryer and soaking it overnight with STP Complete
Fuel System Cleaner following it with fresh gas. It worked well. Thank
you Bob for the tip.

Good job. Glad to hear it worked.

Bob