Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Brando

Default bathroom sinks plumbing leaking in wall

Hoping for some insight...we live in the phoenix area, 8 year old home.
Yesterday I noticed a small wet area on the ground (outside)at the base of
the foundation.
This area backs to the second bathroom. We have a water softener installed
outside in this area the backwash is plumbed into the wall to a sink drain.
I suspected the leak was from that so I turned on the backwash of the
softener and viola.. small drip soon appeared, but not directly below where
the line enters the home. I called the softener company to have them come
check the line. They came today and we discovered that with the line out
and the sinks running, the drip appears.
SO, it is safe to say there is a leak in the drainage plumbing in the wall
somewhere. Before I start tearing out the vanity cabinets and wall looking
for this leak, I wonder if there is anything I can do to seal this, perhaps
a product I can pour into the sink?
Anything?
My other thought...would this be easier to access from the outside? is there
anything that would structurally restrict me find the leak?
It just seems like alot less work taking out a piece of the outside wall.
The bathroom has dual sinks...is there a standard of how the drains meet up
behind the wall? I.E centered?

Thanks