Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Sears kenmore dehumidfier

I'm on my 3rd Kenmore dehumidifier in about 5 years. The first one lasted a
few years. When it broke I dumped it before realizing it had a 5 year
refrigeration sealed system warranty. The second lasted a year but when
that one went I brought it in and they gave me a new one. After being off
for the winter that one has failed too. Same thing as the other 2.... the
compressor works fine but there is no dehumidification. I presume the gas
leaks out.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PDQ

"Art" wrote in message ink.net...
| I'm on my 3rd Kenmore dehumidifier in about 5 years. The first one lasted a
| few years. When it broke I dumped it before realizing it had a 5 year
| refrigeration sealed system warranty. The second lasted a year but when
| that one went I brought it in and they gave me a new one. After being off
| for the winter that one has failed too. Same thing as the other 2.... the
| compressor works fine but there is no dehumidification. I presume the gas
| leaks out.

I cannot fathom your problem. I have only gone though 1 1/2 in 27 years. I say this because I am still on my second one. It/they have been in use 24/7. I never turn it off.

--
PDQ

Posted to alt.home.repair
PDQ

"Tom G" wrote in message news:tjb4g.1121$nk4.973@trnddc03...

| "PDQ" wrote in message
| "Art" wrote in message
| ink.net...
| | I'm on my 3rd Kenmore dehumidifier in about 5 years. The first one lasted
| | few years. When it broke I dumped it before realizing it had a 5 year
| | refrigeration sealed system warranty. The second lasted a year but when
| | that one went I brought it in and they gave me a new one. After being off
| | for the winter that one has failed too. Same thing as the other 2.... the
| | compressor works fine but there is no dehumidification. I presume the gas
| | leaks out.
| |
| |

| I cannot fathom your problem. I have only gone though 1 1/2 in 27 years. I
| say this because I am still on my second one. It/they have been in use
| 24/7. I never turn it off.
|
| --
| PDQ
|
| --
| Unfortunately, unbeknownst to you, you're comparing apples to oranges.
| Before retiring, I worked for Sears for 17 years. The old dehumdifiers made
| by Whirlpool went out to the home and never came back but about 5 years ago
| they switched sources to a company in China. A lot of returns after that.
| Same with window air conditioners. Now made in China, also. Had a customer
| last year who had been to every store in town looking for a window unit made
| in the USA but said he had no luck. All made in China. I don't know how
| Sears' new return policy will affect returns of defective dehumidifiers in
| the future. You may have to wait while unit is shipped to nearest big city
| to be repaired from now on.
|
| Tom G.

One shouldn't be so down on China.
There must be something good which comes from there.
Got to admit, though, I have not found anything yet. g

--
PDQ

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

"PDQ" wrote in message
"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
| I'm on my 3rd Kenmore dehumidifier in about 5 years. The first one lasted
| few years. When it broke I dumped it before realizing it had a 5 year
| refrigeration sealed system warranty. The second lasted a year but when
| that one went I brought it in and they gave me a new one. After being off
| for the winter that one has failed too. Same thing as the other 2.... the
| compressor works fine but there is no dehumidification. I presume the gas
| leaks out.

I cannot fathom your problem. I have only gone though 1 1/2 in 27 years. I
say this because I am still on my second one. It/they have been in use
24/7. I never turn it off.

--
PDQ

--
Unfortunately, unbeknownst to you, you're comparing apples to oranges.
Before retiring, I worked for Sears for 17 years. The old dehumdifiers made
by Whirlpool went out to the home and never came back but about 5 years ago
they switched sources to a company in China. A lot of returns after that.
Same with window air conditioners. Now made in China, also. Had a customer
last year who had been to every store in town looking for a window unit made
in the USA but said he had no luck. All made in China. I don't know how
Sears' new return policy will affect returns of defective dehumidifiers in
the future. You may have to wait while unit is shipped to nearest big city
to be repaired from now on.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

I had one for 15 years before this episode of 3 failing in 5 years.

"PDQ" wrote in message
"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
| I'm on my 3rd Kenmore dehumidifier in about 5 years. The first one lasted
| few years. When it broke I dumped it before realizing it had a 5 year
| refrigeration sealed system warranty. The second lasted a year but when
| that one went I brought it in and they gave me a new one. After being off
| for the winter that one has failed too. Same thing as the other 2.... the
| compressor works fine but there is no dehumidification. I presume the gas
| leaks out.

I cannot fathom your problem. I have only gone though 1 1/2 in 27 years. I
say this because I am still on my second one. It/they have been in use
24/7. I never turn it off.

--
PDQ

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

"Tom G" wrote in message
> [...]

"PDQ" wrote in message
"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
| I'm on my 3rd Kenmore dehumidifier in about 5 years. The first one
lasted a
| few years. When it broke I dumped it before realizing it had a 5 year
| refrigeration sealed system warranty. The second lasted a year but when
| that one went I brought it in and they gave me a new one. After being
off
| for the winter that one has failed too. Same thing as the other 2....
the
| compressor works fine but there is no dehumidification. I presume the
gas
| leaks out.

I cannot fathom your problem. I have only gone though 1 1/2 in 27 years.
I say this because I am still on my second one. It/they have been in use
24/7. I never turn it off.

--
PDQ

--
Unfortunately, unbeknownst to you, you're comparing apples to oranges.
Before retiring, I worked for Sears for 17 years. The old dehumdifiers
made by Whirlpool went out to the home and never came back but about 5
years ago they switched sources to a company in China. A lot of returns
after that. Same with window air conditioners. Now made in China, also.
Had a customer last year who had been to every store in town looking for a
window unit made in the USA but said he had no luck. All made in China.
I don't know how Sears' new return policy will affect returns of defective
dehumidifiers in the future. You may have to wait while unit is shipped
to nearest big city to be repaired from now on.

Tom G.

THey shipped my last one for repair but then called and said it wasn't worth
fixing and told me to pick it up from their repair center and bring it to
the store for an exchange..