Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Repair

Default Power bumping same time every morning

HI,

this issue has just started this week...Monday mroning. Every morning
about 8 AM all the power seems to bump and I cant figure out why.

I added a new baseboard heater, works well, but it is currently turned
off, as well as the light fixture that was recently added.

My only thought could be the older UPS unit that I recently started
using again for a computer. Now at 8AM the computer and all the
devices attached to the UPS unit are off.

Could my UPS unit be faulty?

What else could be causing this issue?

Thanks

Travis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Home Repair wrote:
HI,

this issue has just started this week...Monday mroning. Every morning
about 8 AM all the power seems to bump and I cant figure out why.

I added a new baseboard heater, works well, but it is currently turned
off, as well as the light fixture that was recently added.

My only thought could be the older UPS unit that I recently started
using again for a computer. Now at 8AM the computer and all the
devices attached to the UPS unit are off.

Could my UPS unit be faulty?

What else could be causing this issue?

Thanks

Travis

I doubt if it is in your home. Likely it is a nearby business starting
up.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Repair

Hmmm Ok...

There is a slight correction to my statement, I forgot that it did
happen in the evening about an hour before I got home from
work...around 5 PM Tuesday...Monday, Wednesday and this morning were
all around 8ish in the morning.

Could it still be an issue outside of my home?

Thanks

Travis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Home Repair wrote:
Hmmm Ok...

There is a slight correction to my statement, I forgot that it did
happen in the evening about an hour before I got home from
work...around 5 PM Tuesday...Monday, Wednesday and this morning were
all around 8ish in the morning.

Could it still be an issue outside of my home?

Sure. It happens. It could be a sign that someone has added something
that is causing an additional load or that a transformer is beginning to go.

Thanks

Travis

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

complain to power company....

they can install a monitor on your power line

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark

Every morning about 8 AM all the power seems to bump

what does "bump" mean?

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

bump generally a sag, dip or complete short drop off.

might be caused by power company doing some swutching for one reason or
another

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Starrin

On 27 Apr 2006 06:16:19 -0700, "Home Repair"
wrote:

this issue has just started this week...Monday mroning. Every morning
about 8 AM all the power seems to bump and I cant figure out why.

We had this problem in our neighborhood. I determined that it wasn't
just me, by doing an email/door knocking survey of the neighbors.
Power went out briefly (usually enough to dump the PC, set some of the
more sensitive clocks back to zero and blinking, etc.) We then
organized, so that anyone experiencing it would send an email out to
all those in the chain, who would then all call the power company, if
they had not done so already. Even if they were at work, folks called
when they got home and said, "I noticed that my power went out this
morning at XXXX and just wanted to make sure you knew it." We found
out long ago with major power outages that if one calls, they will get
to it eventually; if everyone calls they will get to it sooner.
The lady managing this neighborhood project, now has them calling her
with periodic reports as to how their search for the errant test,
being run elsewhere on their system is tripping us offline, and what
they are doing to repair it.
YMMV