Posted to alt.home.repair
Patt

Default wheels on chaise lounge

I want to put wheels on a chaise lounge that is made of pvc tube. The
wheels will go at the front end. How would I attach the wheels to the pvc
legs? Drill a hole thru the pvc and then put a bolt thru that and thru the
wheel? Would that be too much stress on the frame? Or should I use a
threaded rod from wheel to wheel? Thanks.
Patt.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

The PVC pipe will stand up under compression (up and down) but will not be
very strong WRT side to side/front to back forces. The threaded rod will
help with the side to side and a few more diagonal braces on the legs should
finish it up. Even my metal (store bought model) has these diagonal braces
(or equivelent)

What size pipe are you using. If 2" you can get a Wye (drain pipe) for the
diagonal connection but for 1/2 and 3/4 you are more restricted with supply
pipe parts (mostly tees and elbows)