Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

Default How does an electric meter work?

I did not check this out on snopes but have heard that the eletric
meters on our houses always read the higher of the two lines coming in
to determine the amount of juice used. The rumor goes on that you
should *balance* your panel so that the same number of constant users
are on either side of your panel. An example might be that your fridge
should be on one side and your furnace on the other, or electric range
on one side and electric dryer on the other.

Is there any truth to this or is it one of those tall tales based on
some obscure Tesla theory?

Would this gadget really save me money on my electric bill?

http://www.renaissance-pacific.net/E...oduct_Info.pdf