Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting ceramic tile

I have been working on tiling my house and have been cutting the tile
with a wet saw.

Recently, I began to notice that the glazed finish would have chips
along the edge that I had cut, so I turned the tile over and laid out
my 'cut to' lines on the underside of the tile and cut with the glazed
side of the tile down on the table of the saw. This has resulted in a
much better finish but, since I have never watched anyone else use a
wet saw, I'm wondering if a 'pro' would do it this way, or just think I
am stupid?

Your help will be appreciated.

Lewis.

*****

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm using the 'budget' one from Home Depot. The blade is the 'cheap'
part of it.

The $50.00 that I subsequently spent for a McMaster Carr blade was well
worth it.