Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default mullberry tree vs. deck

And I suppose you like the smell of rotting berries on the ground and
tracking that red crap in the house where it stains everything, so what
is more important, not getting laid or a lousy tree that craps out
everything with berries that stink and stain everything red, cut the
nuisance down, you will have a happier wife.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

m Ransley wrote:

And I suppose you like the smell of rotting berries on the ground and
tracking that red crap in the house where it stains everything, so what
is more important, not getting laid or a lousy tree that craps out
everything with berries that stink and stain everything red, cut the
nuisance down, you will have a happier wife.

Hmm,
We live next to wilderness park. Birds eat them off. Pheasants, all
kinds of wild birds, bunnies, also I like mullberry, LOL.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

m Ransley wrote:
And I suppose you like the smell of rotting berries on the ground and
tracking that red crap in the house where it stains everything, so what
is more important, not getting laid or a lousy tree that craps out
everything with berries that stink and stain everything red, cut the
nuisance down, you will have a happier wife.

I tend to agree with Ransley ) Mulberry trees are nasty, weedy junk.
But, the loss of a mature tree is sad. You might compromise by having
it pruned so there isn't quite as much mess, the branches are off the
roof and not over the deck, and then consider planting a smaller tree to
take it's place. Another fruit tree, such as cherry, might not be as
messy. When the new tree gets large enough, then cut down the old mulberry.

We had a cherry tree in our yard at a rental home. Bore cherries every
year, and every year, in one day's time, the birds moved in and cleaned
every trace of fruit from it. It was a little spooky, because we would
go to work and come home to a tree that had been stripped of every bit
of fruit, just as it was getting ripe.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

We had a cherry tree in our yard at a rental home. Bore cherries every
year, and every year, in one day's time, the birds moved in and cleaned
every trace of fruit from it. It was a little spooky, because we would
go to work and come home to a tree that had been stripped of every bit
of fruit, just as it was getting ripe.

Fishnet over the tree would help with that. (well, bird-netting,
if you're in a place where that's more common)