Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under Cabinet Lighting

Good morning again,

First of all, thanks in advance for your effort to read and help
answering my questions.

I am trying to install under cabinet lightings (no transformer),
and I would like to have a switch that controls 3 cabinet lightings.
Offcourse, each of these cabinet lightings have their on-off switch,
but I am thinking to have an additional light switch such that on just
a flip of this control switch, all 3 lights turn on or off instantly.

The challenge here is, all these under cabinet lighting have
short wiring distance of less than 5 feet. To extend them, it will mean
either finding the right extension wires (hard to find as some of
lighting fixtures have special connecting heads) OR I will break open
the cases of cabinet lightings to replace the existing wire with new 14
size wire. The later case concern me with non-compliant with wiring
code as I am modifying the product wiring.

Simply put, I am looking for easily extensible cabinet lightings
to extend the wiring distance up to 10 feet, to my junction box or
switch. Any recommendation or recommended product in Lowes and Home
Depot ?

Thanks!
Shawn