Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Scut Farkus

Default Window glazing compound vs Silicone URGENT

I started a reglazing job, some spot work, and painting. I already
pulled 2 windows out and painted them. I'm getting the glazing compound
tomorrow. But I can't leave the windows out for a week while the
glazing cures, I don't have the room to store them. And if I do 2 at a
time, it will take months.

My family is pushing me to use white silicone instead since the windows
are painted white, and just put them back in immediately. They said if
the window gets broken, the silicone comes off with the glass and you
just scrape it off the wood. (I know it's not that easy). Getting the
windows out was a pain, so putting them back in, then removing to paint
later is not the ideal thing..

I know Silicone is a bad idea, getting that stuff off is a real pain,
but it's quick fix. What should I do? Thanks..